Saturday, June 4, 2011

Stress is an epidemic in this society!

How do you prevent the silent killer? Stress is an epidemic in this society.  In prior blog posts I outlined exactly how my nervous breakdown happened if you have not read those entries I encourage you do so.  I want to share now what I’m doing to prevent stress from creeping back into my life.  First and foremost I sought God.  Second, I educated myself on the signs and symptoms and cure.  I took control back over my life.  I was not going to let stress control me.  The first book I read to help outline the changes I need in my life was “Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life”. It gave me a great perspective on what I needed to relinquish control on and give up.  For me it was control of every situation and always striving for more in every aspect in my life that got me into my mess.  Not trusting others to help, which meant I had to take on more.  I went through every aspect of my life and cut out everything that was NOT necessary. I defined my role as a sales manager, photographer, wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter and most importantly a Christian and cut out EVERYTHING that was outside of my duties as those listed.  I encourage you to do that…define your roles in life and stay within it. I’m happy to report that setting boundaries and staying within my defined roles has worked out perfectly!!! Other stress reducers for me became putting exercise as a priority, cutting out caffeine, and spiritual meditation. I also saw a qualified Christian counselor for 5 weeks. 
I do hope for a day that I can be off my medication and with God on my side I’m confident that day will come.  My goal of this blog is to raise awareness of the severity of stress and the stronghold it can have on your life if you let it. We all have weakness, struggles, issues and trials in fact it’s the only way Satin can do his work on this earth.  When you realize that…it makes you understand why bad things happen to good people. 
Bad circumstances may be used by God to display His power and grace.
Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me
2 Corinthians 12:8–10
I’m boasting about my weaknesses so you can see God's amazing Glory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment