Saturday, July 30, 2011

It’s not ALL about you!

I recently got sucked into the stress of life again.  Worrying about my job, kids, money, family, friends, and life! In the scheme of things my life really is great compared to the rest of this starving world. But, then I was hit over the head with some incredible points in the book by Francis Chan called “Crazy Love”.

My take on these points were this; what if this life, these problems, this stress, this money is NOT ABOUT US!!!?? What if we are not the “stars” of the show??? Guess what? Here is some proof that it’s not all about us?

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.”
-Isaiah 40:28-29

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”
-Proverbs 3:5-6 (One I stand on a lot J)

“It’s better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”
-Psalm 118:8

“Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for me?”
-Jeremiah 32:27

“Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.”
-Psalm 105:4

These are just a few stand out verses that gave me a little love nudge that this LIFE is not about me! Is this hard to read? I will be honest…it was hard for me to read.  This is what I love about God’s word; if you force yourself to learn, reflect and acknowledge you grow in this life! You can have fun and live your life to the fullest! I agree with Francis Chan; Worry and stress implies that we don’t believe that GOD is strong enough, powerful enough and BIG enough to help us with our problems. When I realized that… the verses that are all throughout the bible that say “be anxious for nothing”, took on a whole new meaning for me!

Here is another hard to swallow but amazing true point. In James 4:14 it states “What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.”  Its pointing out a common saying “life is short”.  What does that truly mean? It means that this life is NOTHING compared to eternity.  So incomprehensible that it’s hard for us to even imagine.  We are just a speck of dust in this life. 

You only have one shot to get it right. Now, I’m not saying this is easy, but I’m choosing to “be anxious for nothing”. 

1 comment: